Rate this article:

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Root Beer Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts
  • 2 cups of your favorite root beer (or the cheapest stuff, whatever)
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons of hot sauce (if the hot sauce is super strong/hot, use a little less)
  • 2 tablespoons of vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons of oil
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

Directions(This is the best part because of how easy it is):
  1. Mix everything (except chicken) together in a large bowl to make a marinade and let sit while you get the chicken ready.
  2. Cut your chicken breasts into strips and add to the marinade.
  3. Stick your bowl in the fridge and let your chicken bathe in the marinade for AT LEAST 4 hours, preferably over night.
  4. Grill 'em!  It doesn't take too long to grill the chicken strips... if your grill is nice and hot, probably only 5-7 minutes or so.
I'll be completely honest...though I'm a grown man, I have a grown-up job, I have a super hot wife, and I hope to own a lightsaber one day, I also have insecurities about sharing a new recipe with others. Think about it - it's nerve racking to try your hardest to make something awesome and present it to a crowd of people! You may as well say, "this is the best I can do, if you hate it, then I guess I suck at life..." Well, we tried this recipe on some guinea pig friends last night. Now, I have some pretty cool friends, and yes they could have just been telling me what I wanted to hear, but every last piece of chicken was devoured. Feel free to adjust the recipe to your liking, but this one is a new hit in our house. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment